Friday, September 5, 2008

a few weeks later

So, over these last few days, I have realized just why I love college so much. Here are a few of my top reasons -

1 - I can be as social as I want, when I want, where I want, how I want.
2 - I am constantly surrounded by people my age who (for the most part) share my happiness for being alive.
3 - At least half of #2 are of the female persuasion.
4 - Some of my best friends are my roommates.
5 - Betos.
6 - Cousins who feed me and take care of me.
7 - Studying for school and doing well in classes is a higher form of satisfaction than I have experienced for a while.
8 - Working in the computer labs rocks my world. Thanks to an older brother who rocked the computer world while he was here.
9 - Something about being a Stone in Logan just feels right.
10 - Something about going to school somewhere other than BYU-I also feels right.

Ten is good for now. As for a few of the recent goings-on -

* Just got back from Yellowstone on Monday. Mer and Cory were kind enough to pick me up in Brigham and save me thousands of dollars on gas by taking me with them to Idaho Falls and also allowed me the high honor of playing leapster with Audrey in the back seat. Yellowstone is easily one of my favorite places on earth, and it seems to only get better as time goes on. This last excursion was one of the best yet because Blaze and I had planned according to our soda addictions, and between the Manzana Apple, Fresca Peach, and Fanta Orange, we were constantly bibbing. Good times.

Highlights -

Taking pictures with Blaze

Singing loudly with Blaze

Eating breakfast in the Lake Hotel

"I have my yellowstone hair, he has his..." "And you have yours!"

"We're going to starve to death before she even gets back."

The Fishing Bridge general store

As far as school goes - it has been a crazy week. Monday Wednesday and Friday are just crazy days. Even though I am all done with classes by 2:20, it still feels like I have been on campus all day. Fridays are the craziest of the bunch - Chem recitation, Biology, Math, Spanish, and Chemistry starting at 8:30 with only a few minutes in between has made me appreciate even more my one-class Tuesdays. I have a pretty good lab partner - it is definitely going to be a little more of a fight than it was last semester when the three smartest chemistry students were my lab partners. My apartment rules. Between Jake's mom's cookies, Brian's home-made elk jerky, my magic bread maker (which worked a lot better this last time around btw) and Nate's mom's brownies, we have a constant supply of smell-good-come-to-our-houseness that usually attracts crowds into the late evening/early morning. Also, last semester we didn't have a tv in our house at all. Thankfully, that problem has been remedied and I have been introduced to Seinfeld and Arrested Development. Math is pretty easy so far, Spanish is easy if I do my reading, Biology will probably end up killing me along with Chemistry as a few of the first tests are on the same day...but what can you do.

That's about all there is on my mind.

I'm going to post my yellowstone pictures as soon as I can use my laptop up on campus again.

1 comment:

brittney perry said...

the female persuasion. lol. you rock.