Tuesday, September 16, 2008

monday night 1:25 a.m.

Well, as yet another 11-2 shift closes down at the TSC, I have made a few very important discoveries.

1 - it is 301% impossible for me to study if I have a computer in front of me.
2 - the true friends are the ones that still communicate with me at like 12:30 to make sure I'm still awake.
3 - This week with three tests is going to take a lot out of me. Math Wednesday, Chemistry and Biology on Friday. We'll see how that goes.
4 - Staying up late Friday nights with staff meetings at 8:00 am on Saturday mornings, and then not getting enough sleep on Sunday mornings = tough 11-2 shifts Monday nights.
5 - #4 can lead to some pretty fun experiences. For example, today I had two classes in the ESLC. The best drinking fountain on campus is right outside the bathrooms, and who can pass up a bathroom visit between classes? Well, it turns out that I made a few trips into the restroom today, and each and every time I did, I was surrounded by guys with really long woman-hair. It scared me to death that I had gone into the wrong bathroom both times. Pure enjoyment.
6 - Exercise is nice. Even more nice when it becomes an outlet.
7 - Stake luau home evenings can get really awkward, really fast. "Hi, my name is Whitney, I'm going to guess your major in three tries."
8 - Mom's cinnamon bread is delicious when microwaved.

I think that's enough inspiration for one evening.

The football game on Saturday was pretty good, if you're a Ute fan. Admittedly not as fun as the basketball games where personal insults shouted at the players are understood and have more of an effect, but fun none-the-less. Especially with good friends. Speaking of which, my favorite basketball game would have to be this one because every time that guy Nelson would touch the ball for the rest of the game, we would all shout his name. I think he scored like one more basket. Watch the angry gestures from the crowd after he gets stuffed.

We had a really good dinner yesterday in our apartment. Brian made up a few crockpots full of elk roast, I made some bread in the machine, and we invited over the neighbors and feasted before the fireside. And - after the fireside, our neighbors rocked our worlds with brownie-sundae-banana splits. Amazing. Add that to the three other dessert parties that were going on, and you'll understand why continental is such a great place to live.

1 comment:

amanda said...

Hey friend -- hope the tests went well! :)