Monday, August 25, 2008

so it begins. again.

So, here I am with an hour left in my 11 pm - 2 am shift in the computer lab with a little time left after learning the names of some of the mountain ranges in Spain. I thought that one of the more productive uses of my time would be a quick run down of my classes and the goings on of the past few days.

Friday - woke up early enough to get everything put into my car and mom and dads car, and drove to Logan and unpacked. It was really nice this time to be the first one in the apartment and have first dibs on anything I wanted. I got the bed I wanted, the cabinet I wanted and even the roommate I wanted. Doesn't get too much better than that - especially after last year where I just randomly bought a contract and jumped into a place where my only option was to fill in the cracks where the others hadn't overflowed. Our roommates (besides Nate, Jake, and Brian) are Seth (back for a month from his mission to Brazil) and Derek (back since last monday from chicago). Good kids.

Sunday - Church was fun after a lazy morning, and dinner at Nate's house was exceptional. I stopped by the farmer's market on Saturday and picked up some corn and Nate barbecued a delicious tri-tip roast and made a killer rhubarb crisp to go along with it.

Today - I for the first time was able to say that I am truly grateful that I don't have a 730 english class m-w-f. My first class starts at 930, and as it turns out I know at least a few people in each of my classes, so it's going to be pretty fun. Biology and Chemistry are the only two classes that really worry me, and my Spanish and Math classes are going to be somewhat enjoyable I think. (Even though my math teacher is from lebanon and speaks with a semi-crazy accent and my Spanish teacher speaks with the theta and vosotros ((for those of you who know what that means and how it is just pollution to a perfectly good language and makes it almost impossible sometimes to understand him)) and turns out to be quite the LDS poet. Go figure.)

I spent a grand total of $100 on my books for this semester. Say a few hail maries for Half.com. Life saver.

I work some crazy shifts in the computer lab (mainly just this one until 2 am) but I can't really complain because I got all of the hours I asked for, and I got all of the important times during the week off as well.

That's about it. Probably more than most of you wanted to read, and probably not enough for others.

I think more than anything I am excited just to be back in the extremely social environment of my apartment complex and meet new people and make new friends. I thrive on social energy, and it is definitely more prevalent here in Logan than it is in Idaho.

4 comments:

brittney perry said...

ugh. logan.

ryon said...

Well i'm excited for you. Do I get to come cuddle with you when I get back to the west?

Maria said...

Sooooooooo jealous! I loved college...and Logan. It is just so beautiful there!

Can't wait to hang out this weekend!

Val said...

Ah, I miss the good ol' college days...
Keep up the blog so I can keep tabs on you, younger bro!
Love ya and am pumped for this weekend!