Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It has been a while...

So, I just read my last post and realized that I said I was going to post when I was at home over break. Well, I didn't. It was a crazy couple weeks, here are the highlights -

- I worked at toys r us over the break. It rocked. I love those people and I love the fact that they love me enough to let me come and work for a few weeks. They run a tight ship and it was a good time to be able to save Christmas daily.

- My family rocks. I think that the three weeks I spent at home with them just kicking it rocked. Mom doesn't think twice about just doing everything possible to make sure everyone has the best time possible, and she does a bang up job.

- I got to see Janet 3 times. She came and surprised me the first week of break and then we traded visits the rest of the break. She rocks.

- My new camera - most of my Christmas was a contribution to my camera fund and I've had some fun taking some pictures. Here are a couple. It rocks.

From 122708


This is me saving Christmas by holding up the tree while it was getting fixed.

From 122708


One of my first pictures, I liked it lots.

From 1-6-09


Monday night's game against U of I. Notice the far basket and the people standing underneath.

From 1-6-09


Here are those people standing under the far basket, using the 20x zoom. It rocks.

Those are the only pictures I have so far from that camera, but here are a few other gems I found on my computer.

From 12-13-08


This is Jake all wrapped up for his big birthday dance for our neighbor Erica. It rocked.

From 12-13-08


Cousin Maragaret did us a huge solid and got us tickets to the Christmas concert in the conference center.



I no longer have a 2 am shift in the computer lab, so I probably won't be able to post quite as regularly. But, I'll do my best.

4 comments:

Louisa said...

Love the post and the pics. Can't wait to see what comes out of that new camera. Keep posting those amazing photos!

brittney perry said...

um. way to save christmas. wouldn't have been the same without you. and thanks for the IM yesterday, you are the best.

Val said...

I believe mom mentioned a stipulation of weekly posts when you received your new camera...
Better start a routine, yo! Love ya.

Halli said...

It was a wonderful Christmas, Bud! Awesome photos, too! (Or do I need to say "sick" photos...? Sometimes I don't know which vocab to use...)

Love ya -
Your Mom