Monday, October 6, 2008

October is here. Finally.

so...  it turns out that of the 12 months of the year, October just happens to be my favorite.  Maybe because everything important in my entire life has happened in October.  (life begain in October, my life is celebrated every October, Halloween happens in October, I left for my mission in October, got back from my mission in October, general conference happens every October, USU dropped BYU's ranking in October, thirty of my friends were born in October, etc.)  And, because this is the first post of October, I thought it was necessary to make those facts known.

I don't think I have had a dull moment in about a year.

Last week started off with a trip to Clearfield to hang out with Mer's crew, plus Louisa's bunch.  It's always fun to be around my perfect family, because I always get reminded of how much they rock. These are a few pictures I took with my computer web cam - sometimes Tyler's smile needed to be coaxed a little.



From Oct 08

From Oct 08

From Oct 08
Needless to say - that was a blast.  I love those little kids.  And, obviously, they love me too.  More than any other uncle, at least.  Just ask Carson.

My "year" mission reunion was last Friday in Salt Lake.  It was kind of a mixed bag affair, mainly because I tend to forget lots of things that happened in Texas - but when I saw a lot of faces that I hadn't seen in years, all of those things came rushing back.  It was also grand to hear President Scott teach from the scriptures again.  Love that man.

Friday was also the BYU USU game.  (look at the signs in the pictures.  :)  )Needless to say, we lost.  But, 34-14 isn't too bad when you consider the fact that we have won a grand total of 4 games in the past 3 years...  And the fact that our two touchdowns dropped BYU's ranking.  That's a W in my book.  And, you still live in Provo.  (When I was looking for some cool pages to link to about the game, I found this one about how our cremery rocks BYU's)   

Blaze and Stealth took me out to breakfast with our buddy Robb on Saturday morning, which also rocked.  It was good to see them.  I decided at breakfast that the more cool people you have together in the same spot, the better.  IHOP was rocking Saturday.

That's pretty much it.  Until another rediculously late shift in the computer lab...



4 comments:

Louisa said...

We kinda like October too, for a lot of the same reasons! Thanks for making the trip south for a quick visit! You rock! Love ya!

Halli said...

It WAS a great visit! And USU basically rocked the Y with their 2 touchdowns. Not only does the Y erroneously think they own the ice cream crown, but they also stole a great mascot from the TRUE Cougars, Washington State University!

And yes - October is a great month. Just a day before your birthday, your Harris grandparents were married in the Logan Temple, after meeting at USU. Guess we're kind of tied in to Logan, no matter how you look at it.

Love,
Your Mom

Halli said...

BTW, grandparents were married 69 years ago this October 18.

hilary said...

Patrick Patrick Patrick. This BYU hate just won't do. "Honor code=satan's plan"?! I freaking LOVE the honor code! And can I just say, I tried the ice cream at USU this summer and...no bueno. But we can still be friends. I hope. :)