Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yellowstone: Revisited

As I was looking through my pictures from Yellowstone I realized that I didn't put the best ones in my facebook album. So, here are a few more I thought were net-worthy and a few stories that make them so.


No, I don't stalk rangers. To spice up the Yellowstone experience a few years before my mission, we decided to see how many pictures we could take with rangers. In the years since, I have realized that rangers are actually vain creatures and taking pictures with them is not a challenge. So, this last year we upped the stakes and different point values were assigned to different physical contact achieved during the picture. We were a little afraid at the beginning, but as you can see as the weekend went on, we warmed up to the rangers.







So these last two were the winners. With the old man, if you look closely you can see my hand on his left shoulder (5 points) and the younger dude he was obviously pretty excited and actually initiated contact (100 points). That was pretty funny - he was waiting outside to lead a hike or something and when I walked up to him and asked him if I could take a picture with him he said, and I quote, "He## yeah! Call me Ranger Rick!" He then proceeded to grab my shoulders and make a really weird face.

No comments: